Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Here I go!!

Alrighty- So I am working 9:30-5:30, then 6-9 (but closing at job 2 takes forever so basically 9:30). That's 11 hours (no breaks) I really don't mind though - I don't get any official breaks at Job 1, but It's pretty relaxed, and I can go get food or whatever if/when I need to. Job 2- not so much, but it's only a 3 hour shift.

SO in the 8 hours I have here, I should probably be able to make a decent blog..?  Uh oh, now the pressure is on eh..

Sorry to have kept you in suspense for so long about the "secret" I found out last week.
Job 1 is closing! The 12th will probably be our last day.

Ok, I'm going to complain for a little bit, and then I'll put the positive spin on at the end :)
1- Job 1 is closing.. and Job 2 is giving me less hours- so i'm going to find another Job 1 *sigh*

2
    *I typed 2 and 3.. and then re-reading  this, they seemed too silly, and not really fitting.*3
4- BIG ONE:   I DO NOT WORK ON SUNDAY'S!!! What do people not understand about Exodus 20:8-11.
8 Remember the a
sabbath day, to keep it bholy.
9 aSix days shalt thou blabour, and do all thy work:
10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy astranger that is within thy gates:
11 For in asix days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord bblessed the sabbath day, and challowed it.
= I don't work on Sunday's, and I don't SHOP (make others work) on Sunday's!
sure some people don't believe in the bible- but an awful lot of people know and believe in the 10 commandments, apparently they pick and choose the ones they want to follow.
NOT ME It's obviously an important commandment if it takes up 4 verses while the others take up 2ish.

not only is it breaking a commandment to work/shop on Sunday's but I have a calling ( I have responsibilities at church.) I can't just miss it! I have told every boss I have ever had that I don't work Sunday's, and in the past, I have quit any job that scheduled me on Sunday. NOW Job2 scheduled me a couple sunday's ago- while I was not ok with it, I said I would because we had all new staff, and not really anyone else to do it. now.. we have 2 more people that could do it. I'm not willing to break a commandment. So I'm scheduled to work next Sunday- on Mother's Day! 
( yes, there are exceptions : Services that we NEED like hospitals/doctors, etc..)

POSITIVE SPIN:
Trials make me stronger. I also find that when I am having a difficult time, I recognize blessings in everything, and seem more thankful for them. Like, on my way to work, I am thankful and think "Thanks Heavenly Father, I needed that!" when there isn't much traffic. and When there is a red light when I'm running late, I think about how it's teaching me to be more patient. (and to manage my time better so I'm not in such a rush all the time)

I love life.
I can do anything with the help of Heavenly Father, and  as long as I keep His commandments, and try my best.
 3 hours and 3 sales later- i'll get to making the blog cool :P

No comments:

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog