Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

HEY- I Feel GOOD! da na na na na na na

Yesterday I went to Halifax with Tyria. We both had to get passport things done. I just needed to get mine renewed. I got my passport pic taken the day before, and  I was determined to not have another atrocious pic.. Here is the before pic, and the after.

















Success!  Its not a terrible passport pic!! (although I'm sure by the time I receive my passport, they'll have added their special touch to make it horrible haha.. we'll see. It should be here by June 7th.

It was a fun day, even though our shopping was rushed. I had to work at 5, so we needed to get back in time for that.




I also want to report on my new health quest
I LOVE IT!!!

So I posted on Monday that I was going 30 days without junk- and that almost immediately I was discouraged, and thinking I couldn't do it, from the smell of Jen's food at work haha. Well, I resisted, and after work, Mom and I went to Sobeys and I picked up some things, looked at calories etc.. and put it back down.. but then I thought I'm not going to be ridiculous.. to cut out everything enjoyable right away would be silly. So I'm doing what I SAID.. I'm cutting out JUNK! No candy, chips, chocolate, or fast food.
I've been ROCKING it!! haha.I bought nutri-grain bars as snacks, and salad (which I very much enjoyed eating two days in a row for lunch or supper) I also bought bagels for breakfast (I got the ones with the least amount of calories.. I still want healthy stuff. It just doesn't have to be crazy stuff.)

I feel SO good!! A couple times only out of habit (rather than craving) I reached for some candy or something that was sitting on the counter in the kitchen. As I realized though, what I was doing, I stopped myself.  I know it's only been a week, but I have never felt so determined to keep going and to succeed!!  I don't even WANT junk.


So..... I said that I didn't want to be ridiculous- so a week is long enough to hold off on the crazy right? Well, if it is, or if it isn't- on Monday I am starting a 28 day juice fast!!!!  I'm so excited!!!! I would start right away, except I didn't have time to buy all the fruits and veggies needed. I was away all day yesterday in Hali, and then today I'm working 9:30-5 at Serendipitous, and then 6-9 (9:30 by the time I get outta there) at Dorlene. So  tonight I may go to Sobeys and stock up.
Dad has already started. I guess he had a pretty miserable supper.

"Day 1 was fruit juice, some kind of vegetable juice from hell and some watermelon (I cheated) plus biking 10ks..."then when asked to define "vegetable juice from hell" he said: "
kale + celery + carrots + lemon+ a bad attitude+ normal human taste buds"
Even with his day one experience I'm excited!! I will most definitely keep you all posted on my next month! :)



side note- a customer just came and gave me earrings. They are actually really cute- too bad I don't have my ears pierced.


you can't really see them.. cell pic, plus poor lighting.. haha



1 comment:

A Spinster's Dating Encyclopedia said...

Love your blog!Totally a follower.

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog