Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

God likes science!

So, I'm taking Mind and Brain (psych class).. it's by far my hardest class this semester.
We have "minute papers" every once in a while. So he(my prof) gives us a subject or question that we have to write about .. we have a couple minutes at the end of class to do it,and then pass it in.
Last week we had one about religion and brain activity.. some say that religious experiences are merely results of stimulation of a certain part of he brain..
So, i don't remember exactly what I said.. it was pretty scattered (I thought I wouldn't do very well on it, which was disappointing because I had a lot to say haha)

I said in my paper:
-It makes sense for religious experiences to stimulate your brain, as does all other experiences.
-I don't believe that science and religion need to be separated. They go together perfectly. and
-religious experiences are not dependent on the stimulation of the brain.
- "God likes science"
(and other things but I can't remember)

So, after we have minute papers, after hey are marked, the mark is posted online, and if he thinks you did an exceptional job, he'll give you a bonus point, and if he REALLY thinks it's noteworthy, he'll show it on the projector infront of the class and talk about it.

So, my professor started class with "the minute paper marks are online and everyone did really well!" he said it was hard to pick ones that got a bonus point and not..
haha so i'm thinking "mine was just so unorganized.. and just not very well written.." so i felt even worse because everyone else did so great.. like as if i was the only one that didn't do well.
So I looked online and I got 5 out of 4! I got the bonus point!

Then he's showing someone's paper on the projector.. and then he starts reading another one and it sounded familiar.. cause IT WAS MINE!! He liked it!!! and then he added the part that said "God likes science" and he laughed a little and said "that's interesting"

YEEEH!!!!! so apparently, I did a good job :D

haha sooo.. that just happened, and I'm still in that class, so I'm going to pay attention now.

ciao!!

2 comments:

Howard MacKinnon said...

God is the master mathematician. And if you know math you know everything else.

Laura- with an italian accent said...

GREAT! i'm horrible at math! I thought Satan was in charge of math... lol

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog